Tuesday, July 04, 2006

This ___ is on fire...

Things seem to be moving at warp speed for me these days... thankfully, I get to spend the 4th of July at home with my Dad and my new pet, more on that later tho'...

Stepped out over the weekend with a specific mission in hand.

Operation : Bedroom Set.

While this may not come as a shock to many people who truly know me... I've never really committed to purchasing a proper bed. When I departed for Detroit in 1996, I stayed at U of D for 4 years and used the issued bunk beds.

That bed made its way to my apartment and I used it for a number of years. Admittedly... I attempted once to purchase a bed. I gave a girl who was moving out of Detroit 100 dollars for a Full Mattress and Box Set that was 3 weeks old because she had to bail town... said box set however was lost in a freakish accident.

A few years after that I had my friend give me a queen sized waterbed that was in the basement of a condo she had just purchased. The bed however was put together incorrectly so I had to take it apart before I collapsed in my room and spilled water all over the 6th floor balcony.

Needless to say... my twin bunk bed set from U of D came in very handy for me the past 10 years.

Anyhoo... i set out on Saturday to score a bedroom set and boy did I. I won't disclose how much was spent over the weekend... but anyone who purchases a night stand, a full dresser, a bed with mattress and box spring set - has a pretty good idea what it can set you back.

I can't wait to set this up at the new place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home