Sunday, August 27, 2006

Downtown, San Antonio

Finally got around to visiting downtown San Antonio over the weekend... While there I took me'trusty camera along to take some shots of the City here are some photos of my visit.

I'm not entirely familiar with the buildings around town yet.... so I can't point out the buildings below. My visit downtown (or the Riverwalk as its more commonly known) was my first real visit that I've ever done by foot.

Here's a photo I took of a church on St. Mary's street. I didn't catch the name of the church but with the "virgen" hanging there mightily... I think it's a pretty safe bet that it shares the name of the Street its on.

It occurred to me on my way back to the car that I didn't take many snapshots during my first visit. Spent way to much time in deep conversation with my friend Chivo... I did however stop for a moment and took a shot of the "Robert E. Lee HOTEL" in the distance. I didn't go up to street level to walk closer to the building for a proper shot... it was well over a 100 degrees so we sought out cover when ever possible.
The Riverwalk - Again.. it was my first visit to the Riverwalk by foot. I found myself enjoying the visit a lot more than I thought I would. I was in the area around 1:00PM so many of the places that I thought would be of interest (BARs) weren't exactly open for me to swing in and get a swill. I had a nice lunch on the River... my friend and I ate at a place whose name I can't remember at the moment. The food wasn't anything to really write home about. It did however hit the spot.

Highlight of the visit was a killer ice-cream shop that had a beautiful bi-level deck to sit on. Very touristy... but I'm anything but a local for the moment. I hope to swing by at nite in the near future so that I can write up a proper report about the watering holes in the downtown area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home