Friday, August 25, 2006

In appreciation of : V for Vendeta (the Movie)


I was a little hesitant to go see V for Vendetta when it hit theaters because I really wanted to read the celebrated graphic novel. It then occurred to me that I could count the number of graphic novels I've ever read on one hand.... two. (Ghost World & the Originals)

Knowing very well that I wouldn't get around to reading it till sometime next year I opted to go ahead and rent the movie.

I won't go chapter and verse into what the movie is about... Think 1984 with an Anarchist Batman in a Guy Fawkes mask.

Much to my surprise I got really into the movie last night. The dialogue is quick and witty... so I found myself paying close attention so that I can figure out all the Orwellian backdrops.

Anyhoo if anything described above is of any interest to you... go out of your way to rent it. Me'thinks you'll dig it verily.

.alamo city rollie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home