Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dr. Dog @ the Rock Bottom 9.15.07

While catching the Rentals on Friday evening, I made quick friends with a local who filled me on some venues that put on indie/punk rawk shows.

One recommendation that was given to me was a small bar off of Avenue B. called - The Rock Bottom Tattoo Bar.

Last night, a semi-popular act (from Philly) by the name of "Dr. Dog" rolled into town and they were quite possibly one of the most polished indie live acts that I've caught in quite some time.

Their sound in a live setting is very different from the audio recordings I've listened to. While @ the show last night, I picked up their latest offering WE ALL BELONG.

I haven't had a chance to slap it into my stereo this morning but hope to do so after some morning chores.

Dr. Dog - is slated to play at Stubbs in Austin tonight and a few more shows this September. It's my understanding that they play a lot of shows out East... but if they happen to play your town - do make it a point to catch em live.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home