Monday, March 03, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

Thanks to Jury Duty on Friday... my weekend sorta kicked off Thursday night.

A local scooter shop put together a scooter run Thursday evening that consisted of 3 ice cream shops and a bar. Attended that and made quick friends with a guy who just moved to town from Alabama.
He's really into scootering and he reminded me a lot of some friends I had back in Detroit.

When he asked if I was thinking about going up to Austin over the weekend (by way of scoot) - I justified the trip almost instantly.

I had some scooter friends in Austin that I hadn't had a chance to meet yet, so I had to chalk it up to being a win/win.

Friday : Jury Duty

I few weeks ago I made mention of being tapped for "Grand Jury" selection. A duty that I was a little fearful to take part of because of the required time of participation.

I got word that 14 people (12 for Jury, 2 for Alternate) would be selected from those who were in attendance.
10 people instantly volunteered, which left 4 slots and 8 people who possibly shared the same sentiment I had.
Happy to report that I lucked out and was not selected. Got my walking papers and made sure to vote early while down at the courthouse.

The morning was a real joy.... but that came to a screeching halt when I got word of a parking violation. As much as I would like to rant and rail about how I got totally fucked by the parking structure... I'm just going to say that construction crews should advise visitors into parking slots when they have tarps up over important signs that READ : DON'T PARK HERE.

Austin :
So the Trip to Austin was amazing. The scooter ride out there took a little over 2 hours... A Vespa Shop recently re-opened their doors so I headed out with some fellow San Antonio scooterists to attend the party.

While there I had an opportunity to meet up with a Rover who moved to Texas 4 years ago. I also had a chance to run into friends who moved to Austin from Boston Mass.

Good times. Goooood Times.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home