Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Papi Chulo

The birthday celebrations continue to roll onward here in South Texas... Today, my family will be celebrating my Fathers 72nd birthday. While running errands last night, he mentioned to me that he'd like to get a steak dinner from his favorite restaurant. There's still a little debate amongst my mum and sister with what exactly we'll be getting my father for his birthday. Hopefully we'll have it all sorted it out before we sit down and dine with dad tonight.


Scrambled around the house during lunch yesterday in hopes of getting a good picture of "pops" for the website, but he stepped out to run an errand. Ran into my parents room quickly and took a snap shot of this fabulous color pencil portrait of my father. I know very little about the drawing... except that it's been up my entire life. I vaguely recall him saying that it was drawn when he was in his 40's. I'll prod and poke a bit this evening to get the back story on it.

- rollie -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home