Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ivan

It's 10 till 11:00PM, March 30th... my parents have just walked out the front door in hopes of finding our pet dog (of 11 years), Ivan, before the house breaks for bed.

The day, as one could imagine... has been incredibly stressful, for me and especially my parents. While away in Detroit (the past 10 years), Ivan became a very important part of my immediate family. My parents spent many an afternoon, speaking with the dog when they weren't able to spend time with me because of the distance...

When I got word this morning that the dog was missing from the back yard, I assumed that he had run down the block in search of local dog in season.

Morning turned to lunch... lunch time into afternoon... afternoon until now. An hour or so before midnight.

We've done all the imaginable things we could do... contact local dog pound and humane societies in hopes of hearing of his capture. We've spoke to a number of neighbors in hopes of clues to his whereabouts.

My father spoke to a neighbor (several houses down) about her dog (a female, Husky like Ivan) that too is missing...

At the moment, I hope that he'll return by morning.
He's never been away this long...

My only wish is that he's safe where ever he may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home