Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Locksmith

So.. I'm currently keeping a Elliot (whom is very sick) company on the couch while a local Locksmith is over to re-key our locks. The reason I was given for the re-key the other day was rather long and stupid... so I thought I'd make some small talk with the guy and ask why all the re-keying was needed.

His explanation was far better... I won't bore you with the details but along with getting new keys we're also going to get 3 keyless deadlocks so that the house meets "Texas code".

The process is lengthy and rather noisy. When I'm not bothering the locksmith with silly questions about "skeleton keys" and doing up locks for local celebrities (of which he had none to share), I've been calming Elliot while the drilling and door slamming takes place.

While chatting with guy I found out that he's originally from the sister city (Harlingen) I was born and raised in and his wife hails from my home town!

Small world I tell ya.

.alamocityrollie.

2 Comments:

Blogger HK said...

I remember back in your old apartment that you and your friends would never even lock your door. You woke up to find your neighbor looking through your refrigerator.

10:41 AM  
Blogger september29th said...

Did I ever tell you about the time that the same neighbor came over in her nighty to see if I could install her fax machine?

True story! Ask Jaime or Jess... both were there.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home