Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A visit to the Humane Society

While taking Elliot (my new puppy) out for a potty break late Sunday night/Early Monday morning... I heard a very faint meow from our bushes. It's been raining a lot the past 5 days so it struck me a little odd to hear what sounded like one kitten.

It's very dark around the sides of my home so I had a hard time finding where the meows were coming from. When I woke up the following morning I didn't hear the cries from the "midnight kitten" so I went about my day.

At lunch time while letting Elliot out for a run and a bathroom break I heard the faint cries again. With the sun out for the first time in 5 days I saw a little kitten between my house and my neighbors.

I'm deathly allergic to cats so I didn't know what I could do to help him... secured a box from my work place and contacted my local Humane Society who agreed to take in the cat for someone to adopt him.

Securing the cat however was my biggest fear. My eyes swell red when I'm anywhere near them and my new little puppy wasn't too keen to little cat noises coming from a box.

Stepped around my neighbors place and placed the empty box on the floor. Much to my surprise the cat hopped right in. Stepped inside to get him a bowl of water and food but he wouldn't have anything to do with either one. He flipped the water within seconds of placing it with him. He scattered the food just as quickly.


Took the time to name him "Westerburg" while driving him over to the Humane Society. I sang a few Replacement songs on my way to there but he didn't seem all that interested.

Very zany week I tell you.

1 Comments:

Blogger HK said...

I told you to sing to Westerberg. Actually you kept calling the kitten "Cat". "Beer for Breakfast" was pretty funny.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home