Sunday, October 29, 2006

the Dash

I finally did it. I left SPRINT last week and hopped over to T-Mobile so that I could use the HTC Dash. I've been holding out on purchasing a smart phone until it met of personal requirements.... and this phone did all those things and some.

The Specs : I won't spend too much time discussing the specs of the phone. It has a full qwerty key layout, with EDGE and WiFi that I can use when I'm in a T-Mobile Hot-Spot (Starbucks and stuff) and at home.

It also has strong personal and corporate e-mail capabilities with the ability for me to log onto any Instant Message client I have on the go.

It all runs on Windows Mobile 5 (which sorta sucks, but I'm not very familiar with Palm, Symbian (sp?) or RIM so what do I know) which worried me at first, being a Mac user... but I had some reassurance when I read someone had success getting a Dash to work in OS X with the use of Mark/Space.

I got all my contacts (phone numbers and email addys) to port over by USB without any issues, along with my iCal information. The ability to do that made me incredibly happy with the device.

I also managed to tinker with the ringtone settings... so I put a 11 second snipit of Slayer's Reign in Blood to sound off when my phone rings. *hotness*

The OS layout of Windows Mobile 5 is a little upsetting... I've really taken a liking to one specific layout setting, but I can't manage to get a background image to set in for my background without having a mysterious white block run at the bottom of my screen.

Strictly a cosmetic complaint, but its something I hope to get figured out in recent weeks.

What else? I think thats about it. I got my personal email account to rock-out nicely on it so you can write me at september29th@mac.com and I'll get the message within a number of minutes.

Hit me up with any questions on this if you're looking to pick one up.

.aCr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home