Saturday, December 30, 2006

Week One with the DISH

So I've had the Dish for about 7 days now... here's my thoughts on jumping from Digital Cable to Satellite.
Channel Options
If there's one advantage that Dish has over Digital Cable, its that they have an obscene amount of HD options. I won't bother listing all the HD channels here... you can peep them by clicking here. I roughly have 30+ HD channels... one of my favorite channels is MONSTER HD. They program quality Horror flicks 24 hours a day.
On New Years day... I get to nurse my hangover with Blaculaand Scream Blacula Scream. How fucking cool is that?


DVR / User Interface
I'm really impressed by Dish Network's DVR & user interface. It's really easy to get around all the available content. I've yet to see any compression DVR issues with HD recordings. This was problematic with TimeWarner... so much so, that I rarely recorded shows in HD because shows would playback scrambled.


All in all. It's been a very rewarding move. I have a few complaints to register... I think however that it's not the DISH box but my HD tv that's been acting up lately. More on that when I find out what's what.

- Alamo City Rollie -

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home