Tuesday, May 22, 2007

TOOL - live @ AT&T Center



Did something last night that many of my dear friends would find uncharacteristic.... not only did I attend a TOOL concert at a basketball arena. I also chaperoned a 16 year old kid to the show because his parent (co-worker) had to step out of town for business.

I won't spend to much time regarding the interaction I had with the 16 year old at the show... the kid was very bright and I was happy to accompany him to his first concert - ever.

.... The Show

I can't recall the last time I caught a show at a 20K seat arena (I think it was Depeche Mode in Auburn Hills), but I can safely say that it was within the last 5 years.

Before taking our seats, I asked my friend if he was interested in hitting up the merch table.

Not to come across as an old-fuddy-duddy, but do you have any idea what a concert t-shirt goes for @ an arena show?

• $43.

When I wasn't shaking my head in disgust for the high t-shirt costs - I stood among a throng of TOOL fans catching one of the best light shows I've ever seen.

I'd got further in depth but I doubt anyone cares to hear my thoughts on the subject.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home