Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Recent DVD rentals


Watched a number of movies over the weekend... below are some thoughts.

Smokin' Aces : despite having an embarrassing ammount of accomplished actors... Smokin' Aces isn't worthy of a recommended movie rental. The picture desperately tries to find a voice while never feeling the bit original. Sucks Wang

The Grifters :
Rented this movie after it got a heartfelt plug on the Tony Kornhiser show... The film stars John Cusack, Anjelica Houston and a rail thin Annette Bening. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend this film to friends... If you're in to Pulp - then you need to see this. If you're at all interested in seeing Annette Bening naked - then I would also recommend that you drop everything and see this.

The Queen: I can't believe how much I enjoyed this movie. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't know very much about Queen Elizabeth II before seeing this movie... I imagined her to be a quiet, symbolic figure - who showed up around the globe for good cheer and good will.

The movie centers itself at the time of Princess Diana's death.... so the film focuses on the turmoil surrounding the Royal Family.

My favorite part of the film was seeing the Queen and a recently elected Tony Blair work together at a very difficult time for the Royal Family.

Again... the things portrayed in the film could be far fetched, but it was a fascinating picture.

Rocks Royal Wang

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home