Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Last day in the D.


Ever have anyone tell you about the unexpected wrinkles of life? I've recently had a little turning point come up. Since my last post... I've become unemployed. Lucked out and had two instantaneous opportunities for work the following morning.

Sat back one evening to decompress a bit... and made the decision to return to my home state of Texas.

If all goes well, I'll be on the road tomorrow morning. I've spent the past 6 days tying up loose ends/packing personal belongings/ and saying good bye to a few friends in the Detroit Metropolitan Area.

I very much wish there was a way that I could possibly sum up all my feelings for Detroit in one post. It would be impossible. 10 years ago I got a chance to visit the University of Detroit Mercy for a scholarship interview. That very evening, I got mugged 50 yards from the campus gates. Shook the nasty event off and moved into the city in 1996... I can't begin to describe how much the city has changed since I made it my permanent home in 1998. I can remember the very afternoon I had out with friends and said to myself "this is my home".

The truth is... I've been away from my real home for almost a decade now and I know now more than ever that its time to go back.

I owe a lot to the city of Detroit. The people I met here. The many experiences I had the pleasure to have here that make me whom I am today.

Heart,
Rollie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home