Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Hello Kitty Must Die

I'm going to take a little heat for this entry... Just yesterday I met up with a friend for coffee after work. Right before she paid the barista, she turned to me and asked what I thought of her leather Hello Kitty wallet.

Admittedly, it looked a lot better than I thought it would... but my little rant today isn't about my friends Hello Kitty wallet.

My rant this evening is Hello kitties partnership with Fender guitars. In recent years, Hello Kitty has stopped at nothing to put their branding on anything electronic. They've made BoomBoxes, Television Sets, CD & MP3 players... I've seen several aftermath car accessories that range from steering wheel covers to pillow head rests.

At the end of the day, these items don't upset me in any way because I could care less about people who like to own Pink items with kitties on them.

I draw
the line however when Hello Kitty/Fender tries to lure tenures into buying a pink guitar & riot girrrl overtones. I can't remember the last time I saw something this disingenuous.

It's cheep and opportunistic.

Death to all Pink Kitties.
.rCr.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home