Sunday, December 04, 2005

Margot

Been away from the 'puter in recent days... lots of stuff goin' on for me in South Texas. Biggest bit of news, after a few weeks of private dileberation... I made the decision yesterday to trade in my car (Pontiac Vibe) for the new 2006 Honda Civic EX.

Debated the idea of getting various cars... (Lexus 350 IS, Accura TL, Audi A4) but I couldn't find a dealer within a 5 hour DRIVE. While I wouldn't expect anything to go wrong with any of the cars mentioned above, the idea of having to have my car towed to central Texas in the event of having something go wrong... just didn't sit all that well with me. But enough about that...


What I did get: The new Honda Civic EX. The car is an absolute firecracker. I drove it around yesterday for about a hundred miles or so... getting myself a little more aquainted with my new purcahse. Inital thoughts: The speaker set up is pretty weak... but the sound system allows you to hook up an iPod directly. A big plus for me... seeing how I drive up twice a month to San Antonio ( a 4 hour drive). Another big plus, the car is set to deliver 40 Miles per gallon on the tank. This too will come handy, given my many commutes to central Texas.

The cockpit is pretty cool . It's kinda like sitting inside a Tie-Fighter. The steering is absolutely amazing. I took the car out on 3 test runs and everytime I got out of the car... the only thing I could think about was how great the steering was. After a few hours with the car... I've decived to christen her "Margot". There's something about her that reminds me of the character Margot Tenenbaum... so I've decided to go with that.


.resaca city rollie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home