Thursday, November 24, 2005

La Mano Peluda

At the end of the day, roughly 11:00pm or so, I try to settle into bed for a solid night of rest before I head into work the next morning... While I've been described by loved ones for being a heavy sleeper, I sometimes have difficulty going to bed when I hear the hum of electronic equipment or faint audio from televisions or radio.

Again, these noises don't bother me too much, once I'm sound asleep... but fuck if it doesn't keep me up when I'm trying to go to bed.

The biggest offender these nights is a little radio show that my parents insist on listening to before going to bed called "La Mano Peluda" (The Hairy Hand). Aside the terrible moniker, the show comes in on a very weak/crackly signal, from a small AM radio station in Mexico. The premise of the show is for local (likely devout Catholics) to call in to discuss strange paranormal occurrences along the border towns of Texas/Mexico.


Absolute tripe. I know.

But I wouldn't wish this hell on my worst enemy.
.Resaca City Rollie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey what is the fm or am radio station if i want to hear "LA MANO PELUDA" it in "LAREDO TEXAS"???

12:11 AM  
Blogger september29th said...

Wish I could be of help Marco, I'm not familiar with radio around the Laredo border. My family lives north of Matamoros.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home