Thursday, April 13, 2006

DS lite

Did the unthinkable a few months ago… I pre-ordered a Japanese DS lite before it was scheduled for it's late February launch. Demand for the device outstripped its capacity, so I didn't get my grubby hands on one until yesterday.



For the long wait… Lik-Sang bundled a $10.00 coupon I have to use before the 5th of May, a funny mouse pad and a neck loop with Space Invader characters on it.

Felt kinda strange to put in the pre-order back in February… I haven't had the itch to pre-order a game/system since Street Fighter II back in the early 90's.

My need for a DS is a bit silly… I received one over the holidays as a gift, but I didn't anticipate my Mom's addiction to Animal Crossing. I can't recall the last time I got play my original DS… getting the new DS lite so that my mom could rock out my old one is ok with me tho'. I haven't seen her this happy in her off-time in quite some time.



The DS lite is surprisingly smaller than the original DS… While it may not seem very small in these pictures, it feels way smaller in ones hands. The screen has been GREATLY improved. It's brighter than my PSP and the battery life has also gone up.



If all goes well, I'm going to swing by a local DS download station to check out Brain Age before I pick it up next week… I may or may not swing by after work… I feel incredibly tired for some reason this afternoon.

Anyhoo… I hope to post a follow up once I get some time to rock out some games I've picked up in recent weeks.

.rCr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home