Sunday, November 12, 2006

In Praise of : Art School Confidential

Got around to watching Terry Zwigoff's last picture - Art School Confidential this weekend... like Bad Santa and Ghost World before it, I found myself thoroughly enjoying it.

Like Ghost World, Art School Confidential is based off a Daniel Clowes comic... Its my understanding that A.S.C. was a short strip tho'.

I wasn't terribly familiar with the story like I was with Ghost World a few years ago, so I went into the movie having low expectations. I found myself laughing hysterically throughout it. I found myself liking the actors more in this Daniel Clowes adaptation more than I did in Ghost World for some reason... I think Zwigofff managed to capture the feel of his comic strip better in this movie than he did with his last.

Anyhoo - if you're down for an indie comedy : rent it.

.aCr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home