Sunday, December 10, 2006

Back in the Alamo City

Arrived safely late last night after spending an entire Saturday traveling back from Canada... The plane ride(s) down were pretty uneventful... my luggage arrived safely so I grinning ear to ear.

I had a rather long layover in Chicago... but my travel mate was kind enough to take make me a guest to the American Airlines Admiral Club.

For those not in the know... the Admiral Club is a perk you can pay extra for if you travel a lot.

Entry into the place requires a paid membership card and a photo ID. Once in, you get access to a very comfortable lounge that has countless chairs and couches. Televisions, a bar and I think a small restaurant. There was a very visible wait staff and the people who worked at the help desks were amazingly helpful and curious. Sometimes... you can get excellent service from desk clerks but you can tell they're being dicks at the same time... these folk were very professional.

There was an assortment of fruit and hand snacks available. I made scored a complementary soft drink and mooched the wifi, while I made some personal calls...

Anyhoo... I'm incredibly happy to be back at home.

Spent a good portion of my day taking long cat naps with my dog Elliot. The weather is a little shitty out but i can't complain really. It's a lot better than St. John.

My parents came up to celebrate my birthday. Its awesome to have them around. My father and I are about to watch the Cowboys & Saints in High Def.

So there you have it. I'm back in San Antonio and I'm thrilled to be back.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home