Thursday, December 07, 2006

Day's 3 and 4 in St. John, Canada

So it's day four for me here in St. John, New Brunswick... spent most of the day recovering from a heavy night of drinkin' on Wednesday.

Made some friends at the St. John Ale House... specifically the bartender. I forget how much I had to drink... but I managed to drop my digital camera into a black n' tan.

Some of the quality beers that did me in were...

• Clancy's Amber Ale - by Moosehead.

• Blueberry ALE - by Pump House

• St. Ambroise - by Mc. Auslan

• Cream Ale - - by Mc. Auslan

• Rickards Honey Brown

....

When I'm not pickeling myself from the inside out... I've been jotting down little observations about Canada.


1.) I've heard people say "This Side of Montreal"... which is a lot like saying "this side of the Mississippi" in the States. Admittedly, I couldn't point to the City of Montreal on a blank map of Canada, but I'm pretty sure its located in the middle.

2.) I'm a COLGATE guy... but I was given a tube CREST by the hotel on my first night because my luggage was still missing.... anyhoo, I used it and I gotta say the tooth paste had a very weird consistancy to it. It felt very "water based". Anyhoo, there's a Canadian Dental Association. Their logo is sorta has a "secret society" feel to it.

3.) Reversing Falls - So the City of St. John is known for its "Reversing Falls"... there's a river here called St. John and it flows into the Bay of Fundy (which is sorta the Atlantic). Anyhoo when the tide comes in, the water can rise 30ft. When the tide goes out, its not uncommon to see boats just sitting... On my first day here I saw the tide completely reverse. Which was a pretty cool thing to watch.


Anyhoo... I'm going to turn in pretty soon.

.Rollie.In.Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home