Thursday, December 07, 2006

Twenty Nine

It just occured to me that tomorrow is going to be my 29th birthday... I've known all week that my birthday was going to fall on a Friday and I've known for a number of months that I would be in Canada to sorta celebrate it...

I don't really know what I'll be doing tomorrow. I'm sure I'll go out to eat... but I haven't decided how much drinking I'll do....

I have a flight the next morning and I don't want to feel shitty on what will surely be a full day of traveling.

I can't believe how much my life has changed in 12 months. I think I'm happier. I'm sorta glad that I'm here in Canada on the day of my birthday... than say San Antonio.

Reason being... my stay in San Antonio has been very bitter/sweet.

Why you ask?

It wasn't till about late October that I really got over my breakup with Kathie... it's been a topic that I've avoided on this blog and its a subject I rarely engage with friends or family... but I felt like someone went inside me and turned all the fucking lights out.

Recently... my outlook on my decision to stay in San Antonio has changed dramatically. I've made some very good friendships and I'm begining to feel comfortable in my skin again.

This trip to Canada couldn't have come at a better time. For a number of months... I've been foolishly hard on myself and I shut myself off from everything around me.

I wish I could describe the spark I get inside when I walk around the downtown streets of St. John in search of something new to experience... someone new to talk to. It's like discovering the happiest moments of my life when I lived in Detroit.

What I'm now looking most forward to is doing this in San Antonio....

I can't believe that it took 2000 mile trip to realize that I really wanted to be in Texas for my 29th.

.rollie.in.canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home