Sunday, January 21, 2007

Back from the RGV

Took an an opportunity to visit my parents this weekend... like many of my visits home, I never have enough time to do everything I'd like.

In a nutshell... it went down like this.

Arrived at my parents doorstep @ 10:45PM, Friday nite. The dogs went ape-shit when they saw my parents and I didn't get to bed till 1:00AM.

Woke up Saturday at 7:00AM and spent a good part of my morning at the Honda dealership, while I got an oil change and a tire rotation. While there I got word that there was a mandatory recall on my gas pedal. The head of repairs seemed very excited about changing it... I shrugged him off and listened to my iPod in the waiting room.

I didn't escape the dealership till 11:00AM and my day hadn't really started.

I darted over to a T-Mobile location and payed a ridiculous phone bill. Word to the wise... don't use your celly outside of the U.S. Roaming charges are obscene.

Called my friend Donald and made arrangements to visit him in the afternoon. I got word a week ago that he and his wife are expecting a second child. I'm incredibly excited for both of them. It felt really good to visit them on Saturday night... I only wish I had more time to really hang out and chill with Donald.

I got pulled away from Donald's on Saturday nite so that I could pick up a night stand I purchased from a local furniture store. It wouldn't fit in the back of my car so I had to make arrangements with my father to have him assist me with his truck.

Anyhoo... the next thing I knew, it was 10:00PM and I was back at my parents house. I was really tired and I planned to drive back early on Sunday to watch the NFC/AFC Championship games.

All in all... an awesome weekend. I have a few more updates to sprinkle in, but I'll post about that stuff a little later.

.alamo city rollie.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home