Saturday, July 14, 2007

When Saturday's get slow, put $ on the Sox

When my friend Nano informed me that he would be in Vegas for the weekend... not only did I wish him safe trip, I also asked that he lay a little cash on today's Red Sox game.

If all goes well, Dice K. should deliver an easy win for me @ home.

I don't know if there's any places in San Antonio that will televise the game. I think a place by the name of "Dave n' Busters" can come through for me, but I'm not too thrilled about watching the game there.

More on this later.




Update:

Just got back in from watching the game. After calling 6 sports bars in the city of San Antonio, I settled on a place (on the other side of town) called "FATSOS Sports Garden".

It's the one of two places in San Antonio with a MLB Extra Innings package. I called my friend Nano in Vegas to confirm the quality of the place... he gave it the thumbs up so I headed out.

The place was practically empty. I was thrilled to hear Rem Dog's voice when I walked in. Two other Sox fans had a large screen TV set to the game and they turned the volume up so that we could hear the NESN broadcast.

Both guys were from Massachusetts, so we sat back and cracked jokes about the Sox for the entire nite.

As for the bar. The place is pretty cool. I've never been in on a busy evening so I'd hate to weigh in on proper review of the place.

It's very sports centric tho'. If you're in town and you're hoping to watch a game that isn't televised here - Fatsos may be the only place to go.


OH! before I forget :

• Sox Won
• I made a few bucks off tonights game.
• Dice K pitched like ass.
• The bottom of the Red Sox order showed up big.
• Tek hit a BOMB in the bottom of the sixth (I think)
• Some kid may have a broken nose because of the mentioned home run.
• Yankees Suck

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home