Monday, January 07, 2008

Playstation 3

So I received a very generous gift from my sister over the weekend... a little something to thank me for some of the things I've done for her 2007. Said gift is a "Playstation 3".

Hella-stoked am I to have not only a great next gen system but I finally have something that has 1080p output for my HDTV.

Setup of the system was a snap. It was possibly the easiest of all the next gen systems - I have both an XBox360 and a Nintendo Wii for comparison.

The system needed to download a version-firmware update so a good portion of the evening was spent with the system being on and it downloading the v2.10 update.


Once the update was complete - I threw in Spiderman 3 into the player. I was really impressed by the color and clarity of the movie. I then threw in my copy of HOT FUZZ so that I could see what the DVD upsample was like.

Happy to report that the upsample worked really well. Which is great seeing how I plan to use the PS3 for my living room DVD/BlueRay player.

After doing some movie tests - I threw in my copy of Assassins Creed. I've only played it for 40 minutes so I don't want to weigh in on the game just yet. I'm very happy with it thus far tho'. more on that in the near future.

I'm now going to watch LSU route the Suckeyes from Ohio State.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home