Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ulli Lommel's : Zodiac Killer


I've been kicking around the idea of starting up a posting reviews for music, film and pop culture on this site... I'm not one for rating systems, all the good ones have been taken.

So I've decided to simply christen all subjects with a Rocks Wang or Sucks Wang rating.

First item up for review:
Ulli Lommel's : Zodiac Killer

The Zodiac Killer has been a bit of a private obsession of mine for the past 4 years... I spent a quiet Saturday Afternoon @ home with my roommate watching the History Channel run a marathon on serial killers in October. The programing was rather predictable... Green River Killer @ 6:00PM, Son of Sam @ 7:00, Ted Bundy @ 8 and Charles 'Helter Skelter' Mason headlining at @ 9:00PM.

Somewhere around 3 or 4 PM that afternoon, an hour special was going to air on the "Zodiac Killer". I admittedly knew very little about the guy (assuming he was a guy) before the special... serial killers aren't exactly my wheel house. The hour special called my attention because it appeared to be shot differently from all of the other tripe that the History Channel doles out. Reason being, the special was the broadcast of a taping they secured for the day long marathon.

In short the Zodiac Killer remains at large... he's eluded arrest by the San Francisco Police Department since 1968. His entire bio can be check out in the link above or you can read Wikipedia's Zodiac jacket here.

Several months ago I read about David Fincher (Alien, Se7en, Fight Club) working on a film called Zodiac for a 2006, so I thought I should check out what Netflix had to offer on the subject. I was hoping to secure a copy of the documentary I caught on History Channel a few years back but all they had to offer was Lommel's attempt at the story.

The film revolves around a young man's obsession with Zodiac Killer. After reading a book checked out at a local library... he begins to yawn-fully copy cat the murders.

While some of the black & white reenactments were OK to watch, the film was nearly impossible to sit through because "Toronto Film School Project" feel to it.

In summation: Sucks Wang

.mCr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home