Friday, November 18, 2005

the new diggs

There's always ups and downs when one moves back in with their parents... This is my first return (home) sine I left here in 1996 at the tender age of 18. While I never vowed to come back... i quietly thought that I would never return to the Rio Grande Valley. I wasn't entirely sold on the idea of Detroit being my "forever home"... Austin, Boston, and Philadelphia have all been cities that I've expressed great interest in residing in...

A funny thing happens however when a parent turns 70. Being so far away from my immediate family... began to take a heavy strain on me about 2 years ago. A lot has happened since I began to feel the itch to return to Texas, but I'll sum all of it up by saying that its very good to be back.

Things here at home have changed quite a bit sine I last lived here. For one... my sister has moved out and our rooms have been completely remodeled from the ground up. Rather happy to see a lot of the work that my parents put into the re-modifications. My room has a fresh coat of paint and hardwood floors.

Many of the things I once had: Bed, dressers, desk, etc... is all but gone now. In its place, a lot of the stuff that my sister had as furniture when she was in her early teens. While her drawers, desk and bed are quite nice... they do absolutely nothing for me.


Specifically the bed. The bed is currently dressed in a floral print pattern that doesn't offend any guest that my parents may put up for the night. Now that I'm back at home... I got a chance to visit a local carpenter to discuss the creation of a bed and desks I designed a few months back.... more on that later tho.

The bed I currently sleep in (my sisters old bed) is possibly the most uncomfortable place that I have ever laid my head to rest. It squeaks very loudly and for some reason the bed feels much firmer than it should. That aside, its a complete eye sore for me to come home to.

It isn't all doom and gloom tho'... my favorite thing about new place is the beautiful lighting fixture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home