Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Getting serious about Sirius

Took my car over to "D-Tronics" yesterday in hopes of having Sirius radio installed on my "XM Ready" factory stereo... I wasn't too optimistic, seeing that Honda and XM probably installed a number of proprietary problems for me to do the desired instillation. A tech-guy at D-Tronics confirmed my fears and informed me that there weren't any in-dash install kits for the Civic '06 just yet...

I'm quite fond of the interior of my car. I'm not sure if I want to gut out the factory stereo to install a stereo/cd player/with Sirius radio at the expense of losing it's cosmetic appeal. At this point I think I really want to sit back and see what Apline does with iPod Video integration... On one extreme, the idea of installing a Mac mini with Front Row capabilities on 7" touch screen - is a MUST. I read about someone doing this very instillation a year or so ago in a GTi VW.

This is one extreme thought... but I don't know if my vehicle deserves that type of tech heavy geekery...

I ran the idea of installing a Mac Mini in the Civic by Kathie last night on my drive back from D-Tronics... and I got the idea that the money used for said instillation would be better spent on things such as our upcoming 2 year anniversary.

Oh well... I guess Stern will have to wait for a few more months.

... rollie in south texas.

2 Comments:

Blogger HK said...

or you could buy a friend a present too, you know.

12:34 PM  
Blogger september29th said...

where are my Japanese toys yo?

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home