Friday, March 17, 2006

St. Patrick's Day

Woke up this morning with a fierce case of Detroit home sickness... something that doesn't occur all that much, but there's really nothing like being in Detroit for St. Patrick's Day.

Unlike South Texas, there's really no watering hole to visit on March 17th. In Detroit, I had a short list of 6 bars that I absolutely had to vist before making it over to the Gaelic League to meet up with friends I wouldn't normally get together with throughout the year.

Just checked out the wonderful Detroit Blog to get some St. Patty updates in Motown. Like always, the site never fails... hopefully he'll take some photos of people getting together downtown for drinks and the occasional car tipping.

Couple of other things I look hella-forward to on St. Patrick's day:

The Boston Red Sox in their green uniforms... I forget whom they're playing today, with day 2 of March Madness and all... below is a photo of Schill getting it done a few years back.

The other thing I look hella forward to is ABC Warehouse's St. Patrick's day commercial! I haven't been able to find a copy of it on the net... If all goes well, someone will realize that it's not up at You Tube and get it up there with the quickness...

.rollieinsouthTejas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home