Monday, August 14, 2006

Taking the Plunge


Picked up an XBOX 360 over the weekend...

The lowdown on what I got.

• The Puto Edition (with everything that comes with it)
• An XBoxGold for 3 months for 19 bucks (i don't know if I'll be doing this or not... did want to try it tho)
• An extra controller
• A quick charge thing for two battery packs
• An extra rechargeable battery
• WiFi dongle
• NCAA Football 2007 (which I'll review in a separate post)

Took me about an hour to unpack - hookup - and get all my settings straight.
I got it upscaled to 1080i and it looks pretty good.

The menu screens are very user friendly. It has a lot of Tech-Heavy/Networking rich features that I'm not going to fuck with...

There's lots of shit to square away out of the box. I just downloaded the demo of PacMan onto the hard drive. I think i have an option to purchase for 4 bucks. It says "400".... but that may refer to a point system Microsoft has I'm not familiar with... worse case scenario its Lira.

It doesn't play well with the Mac out of the box... but Nullriver has a solution for that.

My sister is pretty into one of the games that comes installed on it called "HeXic". It was developed by the guy who did Tetris I think...

No complaints thus far... I've had little luck getting the 2nd wireless remote to be recognized by the XBox. I need to read the instructions on that and how to turn on & off the system with the wireless remotes.

Summation: Possibly the best Microsoft product I've ever owned. And it pains me to say that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home