Sunday, September 10, 2006

NFL Kick Off Weekend

When I wasn't watching the Heavy Metal documentary on VH1 this afternoon, I spent a good part of my day getting laundry done and watching the NFL kick off their 2006 football season from the comfort of my living room couch and on my 65" High Definition TV.

I'm currently saddled up in bed watching the Cowboys & Jaguars in part because it's more comfortable to lay up in bed... but I'm here because FOX is currently not broadcasted by TimeWarner in HD.

In short... TimeWarner and the local FOX affiliate haven't agreed to terms and I'm pretty much fucked out of Cowboy/NFC games, the MLB playoffs and the Bowl Championship Series (I think) in HD.

My only option at the moment is DISH network. A no brainer for anyone who owns a HD TV, seeing how they offer 25+ channels in High Definition and FOX HD in my location. What sucks is... I'm going to have to rethink my current phone and internet options. In theory... I would only want to keep the Internet but I haven no idea what its going to set me back.

To complicate matters... there's the whole DISH VS Tivo lawsuit that could potentially cross out any DVR functionality pick up from Dish Network.

HD issues aside... Today my Fantasy Football season kicked off. My team is currently trailing by 20 points but I have a number of players playing tonight and Monday.

If all goes well, my Dallas Cowboys will find a way to win a tough one in Jacksonville and I'll make up enough points tonight and tomorrow on the Fantasy Front so that I can talk some mad smack on ParisTexans.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home