Sunday, September 10, 2006

Rollie and his Co-Pilot

The month of August and the first week of September were very zany... With trips to South Texas, adjusting to a new city & job and sharing a living space with a sibling and getting chance to host some friends from out of State, it was very nice to have a quiet weekend at home.

Also very happy to have a sleepy weekend in San Antonio, was my loving pet Elliot Likely.

Much to my surprise he managed to sleep through a good portion of the day while I cursed out the Television. When he wasn't sleeping he chewed on his favorite toy while I scratched the back of his neck.

Normally, he goes out of his way to know the whereabouts of my Sister or my sister's dog Coco... but in recent days he's been more concerned about being by my side when ever I'm at home. Which is really heartwarming in a way because it would upset me immensely if I wasn't his favorite.

I attribute the recent love-fest to our scheduled walks in the afternoons and in the late evenings before bed.

While I know very little about dogs... I can't stress how easy it's been to have Elliot adjust to being an indoor dog. He's potty trained for the most part. He'll run to an exit if say "outside" and he'll yelp if he has to take a dump. I haven't had much luck having him identify specific toys... but I recently got him a quacking duck in hopes of helping him associate a specific stuffed animal when we play fetch.

Anyhoo... Miniature Schnauzers make awesome pets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home