Monday, October 02, 2006

Golden Age of TV?

So it occurred to me this evening that there may be a Golden Age of Television going on right now... I don't when it started, perhaps when HBO kicked off Sunday nights with a number of must-see-television dramas. Anyhoo, since then a number of networks have all started to turn out better shows... by better I mean shows that I'd start watching. People have been watching a number of good shows the past 4 years that I managed to miss because of disinterest. Two fine examples - Freaks and Geeks & Arrested Development.

Perhaps its having an HD set that's made me rediscover television... but just this week I've set my DVR to tape.

WEEDS, Dexter (another show on Showtime that just kicked off this week), Heroes, LOST and Ugly Betty.

EDIT. Stayed up unusually late last night to watch the first episode of Dexter. I'm going to float the idea that Dexter may be a Schizo and he's responsible for the FREEZER murders without truly knowing it. Anyone else pick up on the pale blue lips from time to time?

If not... I think the show is going to be really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home