Saturday, October 07, 2006

Homesick Part 2?


Had a sudden rush of home sickness after watching the Detroit Tigers punch their tickets to the ALCS... Admittedly, I've never cheered for the Tigers, I'm a Mets fan, but its hard to not cheer for a city you lived in for 11 years.

I almost got teary eyed seeing the Tigers celebrate at home after they handed the Yankees an 8-3 spanking this evening.
The Tigers were almost an afterthought during my time in Motown because of the success of the Red Wings (they happen to have the same owner) and Detroit Pistons.

I always wondered what Detroit would be like if there were ever any autumn ball played... Like most baseball cities, the town was a buzz around opening day. That excitement would soon dissipate when the team was behind by 10 games in late May.

I saw the city come alive when Old Tiger stadium closed and I saw the city come alive when Comerica Park opened... Those experiences were nothing like the ones I saw this evening tho'.

I can't recall the last time a Team won a Divisional Series and they put their skipper on their shoulders... but it's been that bad in Detroit (baseball wise i mean) lately.

Big Ups for beating the Evil Empire. I so hope they don't square off against the Mets.

.alamo city rollie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home