Saturday, March 03, 2007

American Hardcore : A Tribal History

Watched American Hardcore : A Tribal Historyon DVD the other night and I wanted to give a quick review on the documentary.

I read and loved, Steven Blush's "American Hardcore: A Tribal History" a few years ago and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about hardcore music.

I had very high hopes for the documentary, but it fell a little short for me... there's no way the documentary could cover everything thats in the book. An expansive 10 DVD documentary could only do that.

What I really wanted to see was the Misfits get some attention in the documentary, like they did in the book. This did not occur.

I don't recall the Dead Kennedy's getting heavy print in the book, but they got zero screen time on the documentary. Bad Brains and Black Flag got heavy screen time, but they also received a lot of inches in the book.

I think anyone whose into Hardcore will love the movie. There's incredible footage in it and some interesting interviews, but its not as rewarding as the book.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home