Saturday, February 17, 2007

NBA All*STAR nite

For the first time in maybe 8 or so years... I went out of my way to stay in and in catch the NBA All*Star 3-Point/Slamdunk competition.

I've never been a die-hard NBA fan. I watched a lot of basketball growing up, but it was hard not to watch the Celtics, the Lakers, the Bad Boy Pistons then Jordan in the 90's.... the NBA player strike / holdout / whatever - made me tune out and I never could get back into it.

But I digress...

Just finished watching a Miami Heat player (whose name I already forgot) win the three point contest with a final score of 24 points.

As impressive as that is... I recall tuning in the night Craig Hodges (Chicago Bull) dropped a record 25 points in the three point competition. I also recall watching him drop a record 19 straight three point shots.

Hoping to see lightning hit twice tonight, I'm saddened to report that neither record fell tonight.

I am however happy to see the shooting contest be broken down into 2 rounds of shooting. I don't recall how many there was before... but the new format is really nice.


UPDATE : Just occurred to me that this is the first Basketball action that I've seen in HD. It's quite possibly the best sport to watch in High Definition. I can't believe that I'm actually enjoying the Slam Dunk contest.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home