Monday, July 16, 2007

Random Monday thoughts

Scott Baio. Yes, that Scott Baio
Set my DVR to record a number of VH1 "Classic Album" documentaries, so that I could do a little write up about some of their selections.


This subject is taking a back seat, due to a show that debuted over the weekend called "Scott Baio, 45 and Single".

For those of you not in the know, Scott Baio is a secret indulgence of mine. Thanks to shows like 'Happy Days' and 'Charles in Charge' - I grew up with Baio always being on my television.

I even attempted a few years ago, to get Scott Baio to become an honorary member of my Scooter Club. I couldn't garner enough support from my group to follow through with an invite tho'.

Anyhoo, I set my DVR to record the season premiere this evening. I'll post thoughts on the show later this week.


The Cubs
When I wasn't watching documentaries on the Sex Pistols, Fleetwood Mac and Nirvana this evening - I took in a few innings of the Cubs & Giants.

The Cubs have been getting a lot of dap in recent weeks because of a staggering 15 wins in 19 games.

Tuned in to see the Cubs trailing the Giants by 1 run, with 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th with no one on base. A few clutch hits later - the Cubs won their 16th game with a 3-2 score.

It's a little early to weigh on the Cubs chances for the post season. But it doesn't hurt to win games the way they did tonight. I called my father afterwards and he (a life long cub fan) is beginning to take a shine to Piniella's boys.


The Spanish Prisoner

I forget what channel it was over the weekend, Showtime or Cinimax, but they're showing one of my favorite movies of all time - this week : The Spanish Prisoner.

I happened to record a showing of it in HD and can't wait to carve out 2 hours to catch it.


Flight of the Concords

Is anyone else of the opinion that this show would be a lot better if it were 15 minutes long? Anyone?


Another Simpson Avatar Submission

Received another Simpson Avatar submission by email this afternoon. This one from my friend Heather. Of the three - this one is pretty close to what I look like... well, except for the lips. I don't have A-Rod, Jetter-ass-kissin' lips.



My friend Heather felt compelled to submit a avatar with corrected lips...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home