Saturday, September 22, 2007

... and you will know my name is the LORD

In recent weeks, I've made it a point to explore San Antonio, in hopes of finding something redeeming to write about.

Much to my surprise... the City of San Antonio has a couple of cool spots. In the coming weeks - I plan to write up a number of entries - detailing places to eat and drink @.

Tonights write up: Best Burger in Town

One of the most widely debated subjects in the city of San Antonio is, Who makes the best burger in town?

I asked this question when I first became acquainted with the city and I was driven over to Chris Madrid's. (1900 Blanco Rd.)

I got nothing but praise for Chris Madrid's. They make a "tasty burger". So tasty, that the Tostada burger - ranks #2 in AOL's 15 burgers you should have before you DIE.

Quite a ringing endorsement.... and again, I vouch for it rocking wang.


However... I just had a tastier burger this weekend and it wasn't on Blanco Rd. It was a kiddy corner away from where I work and it goes by the name of:

Lords Kitchen

Tucked away at 118 Seguin St., practically under a bridge (New Braunfels Ave.) on a residential street, resides a little yellow shack that goes by the name of "Lords Kitchen".

As hole-in-the-walls go... this place doesn't disappoint. The restaurant is very small and the wait staff is incredibly chatty. One can make friends quick.

I didn't get a good look at their complete menu... I went in with the sole purpose of having their house special.

They breakdown the showstoppers by offering 1/2 pounds, 1 pounds, 1.5 pounds and 2 pound burgers.

The burgers don't increase in circumference... they stack em in 1/2 pound patties. So keep that in mind if you think about going bigger than a pound in size.

Burgers come with a side a fries... but the spuds aren't anything to write home about. They're in actuality some of the worst fries that I've had in recent memory.

If you've never been - I highly recommend you swing in and get your fill on.

.alamo city rollie.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home