Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bosch: Micro Edge Excel


Had to quickly plug a fine product I picked up from Bosch today. Recently had a problem with 'puddling' (for lack of a better description) with my factory issued wipers.... so I opted to seek out windshield wiper replacements for my Pontiac Vibe this afternoon.

I sorta half-assed my way into selecting said product after seeing a set installed in my co-workers car last week. He's far more knowledgeable about cars than I am, so I assumed that it was one of the better windshield wiper solutions out there.

Had little luck trying to find their products at local places like Target or Meijer (Michigan Wal-mart) so I had to visit a proper auto supply store. I tend to stay away from said places because I privately fear the situation of having a random conversation with a gear head about oil type.

The visit to the auto supply store was pretty uneventful. The place was empty when I arrived so I had an eager clerk help me out with getting me the proper Bosch wiper blades I was looking for.

The instillation of windshield wipers was suspiciously easy. I believe that I benefit from having a "U" hook wiper arm ??? So the blade appeared to simply snap into place. I didn't hear 'clicking noise' when I mounted the wiper, so I can only assume that its on OK. I gave it a quick test by running wipers on low and running the windshield fluid... but I won't really know how they'll hold up until I drive in the rain.

The forecast is calling for just that tomorrow... so if all goes well I'll post a late afternoon update on this thread.

.mCr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home