Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Eraserhead: 2000 DVD



Finally got around to watching Eraserhead last night. A film that I've been meaning to get to my entire life, but never managed to secure a copy until this week. It's not so much that the film is unattainable... I've gone to a number of rental stores but the bloody movie never seems to be on the shelf. I have a friend in Detroit who has a copy of the film, but it's a freak Japanese import (on Laserdisc) that set him back 70 dollars in the mid 90's.

The film was restored a few years ago to DVD and is made available by David Lynch at his website: www.davidlynch.com

The film will set you back $40.00 (shipping not included) and I thought that was a bit too high to schill out on a movie I hadn't seen. I opted to secure the film from Netflix and made time this week to catch it. My thoughts:

The DVD starts out with an interesting introduction about what the appropriate TV settings should be to watch the film. After adjusting the contrast, brightness and sharpness of my Television, I dimmed the lights in my apartment to take it in properly.

The film restoration is amazing. I don't really have a reference point to compare it to, it was my first time catching the flick, but the scenes were crisp and surreal. I won't go too much into the plot development of the film... I'm possibly the last person on earth to see it.

My favorite part of the DVD is that the movie is 1 track.

There's no chapter selection on the movie and I think its appropriate. It forces one to sit down and enjoy it in one sitting.

Seek it out: It Rocks Wang

.mCr.

1 Comments:

Blogger HK said...

so the wang thing is going to be the new rating system for your blog? hahahaha.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home