Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The 8th, Lennon and I

In the past 25 years... a December 8th hasn't gone by without the mention of the John Lennon's death. It's a very strange day that many people commemorate... seeing that a.) John was British and b.) the Beatles had been defunct for almost a decade...

I guess it says a lot about the longevity of the Fab 4. Sharing my birthday with his untimely death has been a little strange over the years... On my 3rd birthday, I remember my mom (only 20 at the time) shedding many tears over the news that Lennon had been murdered in nYc. My introduction to the Beatles came at the heels of his death... strangely, I find myself being more of a George Harrison fan than Lennon.

If all goes as planned, I hope to have lunch at the NY Deli tomorrow in downtown Harlingen, where the owner has a small shrine to 4 mopped toped of Liverpool.

.rCr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home