Wednesday, January 04, 2006

San Antonio Bound: Again

Had the opportunity to ring in the New Year with my girlfriend and her loving family over the weekend in San Antonio, Texas... The trip marked my 3rd weekend visit in 4 consecutive weekends. We hoped to calm the trips down a little bit in the month of January because of busy schedules, but it looks like I'll be up again this weekend to take back our little dog, Abigail.

I brought Abigail down on Monday morning, with the hope of not having to have the dog stay with a person she wasn't familiar with on Katheryn's planned trip to Dallas next weekend. My options on Monday were to a.) Take Abigail for 3 weeks b.) Drive up for a 3rd consecutive weekend (which isn't all that bad... I get to see Katheryn after all) and take Abie for 2 weeks or c.) Let Abigail stay with Kathie and have the dog stay with someone she's never met - at a place she's never been - and with a pair of dogs that she's never been in contact with.

We elected to go with option A.).

Things have been a little problematic with Abigail's stay at Chez Agado's... I can tell that she misses Katheryn very much. She's not physically ill, but I can't shake the feeling that she's high strung and upset about her routine and surroundings being turned completely upside down.



While at my house I've observed her do a couple of things that I've never seen her do before: A.) Eat's very strangely out of her dish. B.) Has refused to play with her stuffed animals. C.) Has barked viciously at anyone or anything around me.

In summation: I'll be taking the little one back to San Antonio this weekend.

.Rollie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home