Tuesday, December 27, 2005

TeXmas

Life's been incredibly hectic for me in recent weeks. Like many around the globe, I spent the weekend celebrating Christmas with loved ones in San Antonio. It was a particulary special for me because I got to spend it with my better half Katheryn & her family. It wasn't my first Christmas away from home... but it was the first time that I had spent it with another family because of a relationship. Thankfully, I had the pleasure of meeting Katheryn's Father & Step Mum the previous month... so none of the weirdness that comes with "first impressions" was present.

Wish I could report that the break was without trouble... Prior to my drive up to Kathie's, took my car in for a last minute inspection to have a noise looked at. The problem wasn't resolved until last night, so I had to arrange a last minute car rental (PT Cruiser) on Friday afternoon before my drive up to San Antonio.

If that wasn't bad enough, two gifts I ordered online, in early December, did not arrive at my new home address. I was able to do some last minute sprinting with Kathie to find identical items at brick'n mortar stores on Chrismas Eve (a.k.a. the shittiest day to be at a store) so all crisis were everted....

Things settled down quite a bit after the morning last minute shopping scramble...

After that, Katheryn and I thought it would be a good idea to start a little tradition so we took the little ones to go see the Cronicles of Narnia... much to my surprise, I enjoyed it verily.

All in all Christmas was very good to me and all of my loved ones. I made it a point to make it very special for Kathie this Christmas and the best gift I got was to see her as happy as she was Christmas morning.

I've returned back to the Valley and got my car (Margot) back...

If all goes well, I'll make it a point to blog daily.

best,
Rollie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home