Monday, January 09, 2006

The Squid and the Whale


While in San Antonio over the weekend, Katheryn and I got a chance to catch Noah Baumbach's The Squid and The Whale. A film beautifully captures the difficulties of divorce. While I don't have any first hand experience with parental divorce, the recommendation to see the film came from a friend who saw it and got so choked up recommending it to my by email that she had to stop writing.

The acting and character progression are some of the best I've seen in recent memory. My favorite aspect was the films look and feel... Noah Baumbach recently worked with Wes Anderson on the Life Aquatic... (Wes Anderson got a co-production credit on Squid and the Whale) The attention to detail, I think was helped because of the collaboration... Thankfully, the details and feel of the picture don't become a character of their own like Anderson films do...


Hopefully a little of this film will rub off on Wes.

All in all, one of the best pictures I've seen in a VERY long time.

.rollie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home