Sunday, June 11, 2006

Pixar's CARS


Got around to catching Pixar's latest animated offering Cars over the weekend...

It was possibly the first time since Finding Nemo that I wasn't too enthused about catching a Pixar production... but with little out there until Nacho Libre next week I decided to catch it in San Antonio rather than seeing it here in South Texas.

Let me first say that the film surpassed all of my expectations... I didn't go into the theater expecting to dislike the movie. I'm an unapologetic Apple/Pixar fan boy... I'm just not exactly the type of demographic that Pixar/Disney (i think) were hoping to really "entertain" or address.

It's really amazing to see how far ahead Pixar is from other production companies that are currently making Digital Animated Cartoons. It's going to make buckets of money for em... they raked in 68M+ think 62.8M this weekend.

All in all... I'm glad I caught it in the Theater but I can safely say that it won't be a film I'll pick up on DVD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home