Wednesday, May 31, 2006

So... it's 20 past 10:00 PM

and I just finished watching VH1's "Rock Honors" on television tonight...

I don't know why I have such a soft spot for rock acts like KISS, Judas Priest and Queen... but any chance of seeing any of these aging acts on stage/TV always gets my priority attention.

Queen um... the Foo Fighters started out the evening with a rocking rendition of "Tie Your Mother Down". Brian May and Roger Taylor joined in midway through the song and later trotted out some hack whose name I refuse to commit to memory for a couple of other Queen tunes.

I opted to tune in on the Heat/Piston game.

Tuned back to VH1. Judas Priest followed. They brought the leather clad goodness. Halford creeped me out with his Anton LaVey look and mirror blocks on his leather jacket.

Took a phone call from Kathie, turned the volume down...

Opted to skip the Def Lep performance all together.

9:30 PM. Turned the TV and my attention up as: Rob Zombie, Scott Ian, Slash, Gilby Clark and Tommy Lee came together with ACE fucking Frehley to perform a thunderous cover of "God of Thunder". They easily turned in the best performance of the night.

Shortly after having my ass handed to me by the collective bunch above: KISS (um... Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley with two other stooges filling in on Guitar & Skins) came on stage to perform "Detroit ROCK City" & "Love Gun".

They pretty much did their KISS performance. Nothing more.... nothing less. Paul Stanley sounded like shit... but his hip operation appears to be agreeing with him. Saw him hop a few times on stage... he needs to desperately loose the bare chested outfit tho'. He had a serious case of beefy tits going on.

.rCr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home