Thursday, June 15, 2006

Podcasting 101

Just wrapped up with my first night of Podcast tests...

My responsibilities were minimal. I was pretty much asked to talk over Skype while our producer (in Detroit) got all the mic's and levels figured out... Jaime (our producer) was kind enough to cut two beta podcasts tonight, both of which were very interesting to.

voice over IP is a very strange medium because when you hear the playbacks, the pauses between conversation seem longer than they should be but thats mainly because I we have to wait for the feed to come through.

Tomorrow Ted is scheduled to be at Jaime's place for the recording. I should be the only person working remotely so I think it's going to go over a lot better.


My set up here is very minimal. I'm using a Logitech USB headset/microphone to do all of my recording. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for minimal distractions at Chez Agado's but I highly doubt that will happen.

Anyhoo... we'll be going live next week.

Be a doll and sign up for our forum board @ http://www.ekobase.net/post

both snipits are down... peep http://www.ekobase.net for our first podcast
Beta Test 1 - Ted sounds like shit on this recording but we figured out why. In this instance he was also Skyped in but we called into his telephone line to see what it would sound like.
A New Hope

Beta Test 2 - there's a strange stereo sound thing going on with this recording... we figured it out and it should be gone for the 1st Podcast. (fingers crossed)
Empire Strikes Back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home