Sunday, January 21, 2007

Do you beleive in miracles?

AT the close of the 2nd quarter, I got on the phone with my friend Nano and we both complained about how bad the Colts were playing in the first half.

I was putting the finishing touches to a blog post on Super Bowl XLI that started out by saying...
"Barring a miracle comeback... it looks like the Pats and the Bears will square off in a rematch of Superbowl 20."

Prior to hanging up with Nano, I kidded with the idea that it would be halarious if Venatari (sp?) would miss a field goal before they headed into the tunnel....

The score at the time I hung up the phone was 21 to 6.

The Colts stormed out of the locker room and they tied the score up at 21 to 21.... which made me do two things.

1.) Re-Think my previous Superbowl 41 post.
2.) Call Nano to discuss what happened.

I sorta have a rooting interest in the Colts winning. I'm somewhere between wanting to see Manning win and not wanting to hear about how he's a choker.

Anyhoo... the score is now 28, 21 Pats. I plan to now keep a running log of the 4th quarter. Stay tuned for updates.

UPDATE: Ok... I just walked out of the bathroom. I look at the TV and the center for the COLTS just picked up a coughed football at the goal line for the tie.

I just got off the phone with Nano and I got the 411 on the last drive by the Colts. I'm going to staple myself to the fucking couch.

UPDATE: With 8:52 left in the 4th quarter... Tom Brady is deep in Colts territory and it looks like they're going to walk away with at least 3 points.

Peyton is reportedly hurting on the sideline with a busted thumb. I don't know if its broken... but they just replayed him talking to the back up QB and you can easily read his lips saying "... better be ready".

I can't stress how much shit Peyton will get if he doesn't finish this game because of a little boo-boo on his thumb. The only way you're going to get excused from a game like this is if the thumb gets ripped out of your throwing hand.

UPDATE: Peyton rubbed a little dirt on his finger and he took the Colts down the field to tie the game (again) at 31 to 31.

UPDATE: Brady is doing what he always does... with the clock now at 3:49 in the 4th, the Pats sent out their rookie kicker for the go-ahead. Score is 34 to 31. The Legend lives.

UPDATE: The Colts have just punted the ball away with 3:22 left on the clock... The Golden One has to only manage the clock and he will punch another pass to the Superbowl.


Final UPDATE?: The Pats could not run out the clock... 80 yards are and 2:17 seconds are between the Colts going to the Superbowl. The Colts have only 1 time-out.

..... COLTS 38. Pats 34.

There's 1:00 LEFT... He's won superbowls with this much time left on the clock....

Final UPDATE: Tom Brady and the Pats are dead.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home