Sunday, September 23, 2007

Geetah Shoppin'

Every once in a while I entertain the idea of purchasing an electric guitar. Truth be know... I happen to own a Fender Strat, but that guitar is currently in Detroit.

I don't really know why I want a guitar... I've been attending some shows in recent weeks so I think the itch to create something is there.

Anyhoo, I took some time this weekend to see how much a Fender Telecaster went for.

While out I discovered that Fender is selling a guitar to celebrate the late - great Joe Strummer.

Fender went out of its way to "replicate" the tattered guitar that Joe used from his days with the Clash & solo career.


I had a guitar tech take it down off the wall so that I could play it a little. I looked at it in disbelief because it felt so disingenuous. Not as disingenuous as the checkerboard - Avril Lavigne telecaster next to it... but disingenuous nonetheless.

I really wanted to pick up the guitar as an impulse purchase - but knew that I would regret owning it the moment I would have a friend shred me for how uncool it is.

Anyhoo... I didn't pick up a telecaster, but the search will continue. If all goes well - I'll find a nice deal on a US made one.


.clash city rocker.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home