Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Lucksmiths : EMO's Austin

Had the privilege of catching one of my all-time favorite artists last week : THE LUCSKMITHS!!!

They're currently in support of a double disc effort called "Spring a Leak" - a collection of B-sides, Covers, Demos and Rarities.
The Show

The billing was a little awkward. There was a strange act that opened the night called : the Narrow Escapes.

Their set concluded with the leadsinger stripping to his underwear - and putting on a Dragon mask to sing the last song.

An antic that I'm always down for... its however a little awkward to see before you catch the Lucksmiths.

The second band : Our Solar System - was painful to watch. They were painful to hear. I can't believe that I'm getting upset again just thinking about them.

They did however make stuffed octopus creatures for sale. I wanted to get one for Elliot but their music was so bad that I wouldn't help that band out in any way.

The Third band : Yellow Fever - were really good. They were a three piece that had very stripped down tunes. I picked up their self-made EP and 7". I just read that they're going to be in town (San Antonio) next week for a "John Peel - tribute" (?) show of some sort. I'll be in attendance again to see em.

The Lucksmiths
closed: They played a lot of stuff from the last two records and they played a number of new songs. I took some photos and even took some camera phone video footage that I'll upload at some point to youtube/googlevideo or somethin'.


Post Show
: So... i went back to my car and found a mound of cashew shells in the spot where my car should be. I got towed because of some silly "parking rule" and had to make arrangements to have a Cab take me out to the booneys to fetch my car.

I didn't get home until 4:00am... but can honestly say that it was well worth it.

.aCr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home